The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
I keep getting an error message, I cant quite see whats wrong in my code

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Mar 8, 2002 2:36 PM by Matt Gerrans

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Humvi

Nickname: humvi

I keep getting an error message, I cant quite see whats wrong in my code Posted: Mar 7, 2002 3:52 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
The error messages is

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Alain Ravet

Nickname: aravet

Re: I keep getting an error message, I cant quite see whats wrong in my code Posted: Mar 7, 2002 11:24 AM
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Charles Bell

Nickname: charles

Re: I keep getting an error message, I cant quite see whats wrong in my code Posted: Mar 8, 2002 10:25 AM
You probably have to create a DataSource in ODBC.
Go to ControlPanel, then ODBC Data Sources, and follow the steps.

If you already did this, then you may not be using the correct string name in your program.

Matt Gerrans

Nickname: matt

Re: I keep getting an error message, I cant quite see whats wrong in my code Posted: Mar 8, 2002 2:36 PM
Hey Alain, thanks for that link, it is a good one! Maybe Bill should add it to the "Formatting Your Post" list!

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: How to add a keylistener to a JPanel Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: conncect to database/JDBC

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use